Partners & Sponsors
Lackawanna Heritage Valley National and State Heritage Area
Steamtown National Historic Site
Lackawanna County Library System
Lackawanna County Office of Arts and Culture
Lackawanna Historical Society
City of Carbondale
Greater Carbondale Chamber of Commerce
Greater Carbondale YMCA
Carbondale Historical Society
Propst Transportation / Archbald Van Pool, Inc.
4th Annual Heritage Explorer Bike Tour & FestivalJune 15, 2013
Ride the Lackawanna River Heritage Trail System with Family and Friends!
- Become a fan on our Facebook page for all the latest news.
- Become a sponsor and support the event.
- Join the Festival as a vendor or exhibitor.
Join us on Saturday, June 15th for the 4th Annual Heritage Explorer Bike Tour and Festival. This exciting event starts at Blakely Borough Recreational Complex in Peckville, and continues along the scenic and historic Lackawanna River Heritage Trail through Archbald, Jermyn, Carbondale, Simpson, and Union Dale. You will enjoy beautiful scenery, learn about the history of the region, and meet new friends. The Heritage Explorer Bike Tour and Festival includes a bike rally for younger riders at Blakely Borough Recreational Complex, as well as a community Festival showcasing outdoor recreation activities and healthy lifestyle choices. We expect up to 800 riders and 150 volunteers to join us for the day. Register now.
About the Bike Ride
- Riders have a choice of four out-and-back routes of 5, 11, 22, and 44 mile routes from Blakely Borough Recreational Complex north on the Lackawanna River Heritage Trail and quiet neighborhood streets. The 44-mile Union Dale Pusher also uses the Ontario and Western (O&W) Rail-Trail and the Delaware and Hudson (D&H) Rail-Trail into the Endless Mountains.
- Riders are strongly encouraged to use mountain bikes or hybrid bikes. Road bikes are not suitable for the trail portion of the rides.
- All of the trails have wide pathways, packed gravel surfaces, and gentle inclines that are generally under 4% grade.
- Each route has Station Stops on the course with water, snacks, and fun activities. Marshals will patrol the course, and all street sections will be marked and intersections staffed with flaggers.
- We ride rain or shine!
Early Bird Registration
- Registration Opens February 1st!!!